Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An exception

I'm on record with my lack of romantic / sexual interest in hockey players (despite my deep and enduring love of hockey). The official haircut of the NHL is the mullet, for crying out loud. Missing teeth, broken noses = not attractive. However, there are always exceptions.

As much as I love a guy with glasses (and I do), this picture of Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury doesn't do him justice. You have to hear him talk. He has the heaviest French-Canadian accent ever, and it’s unbelievably hot. I'm not usually a sucker for accents, but I guess the warm fuzzies I feel for Canadians cancels out the inherent sleaziness of the French, which confuses my brain when I hear the two accents combined, thus leaving me defenseless against the raw sexual power of the French accent and my repressed desire for Canadians. Yes, I admit it. Canadians turn me on. They are the perfect combination of niceness, intellect, tolerance, unpretentiousness, and beer-swilling passion for hockey fights.

Furthermore, goalies have been toying with me for years. In-between plays, they are constantly doing the splits and these stretches that make it impossible for me not to stare, entranced, at their ass. They may be covered with pads, but it’s still sexy. I am not ashamed, damn it. I am hot for Canadian goalies.

Love, Tegan Jovanka

P.S. Zoe, you’ll have to forgive me for following your touching and heartfelt post with my fantasies of touching our neighbors north of the border. I feel so dirty.

3 comments:

the weirdo club said...

That's okay. My next post will probably be about more weird food...or possibly goblins.

--Zoe

the weirdo club said...

Goblins eating weird food!

~Tegan

Zoe Doom said...

Goblins eating weird food. That's essentially the plot of Troll 2.