Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Freaky Stalker / Sharkies!

You know those car rental commercials where the person's regular car is all jealous of the rental car, and is saying things like, "Oh, so she just goes to Miami and leaves me here for two days, and I'm supposed to pretend like she doesn't smell like new car? Oh, she was with a Prius. So suddenly she's an environmentalist," dripping with sarcasm? (They are showing the commercials non-stop during hockey games, so I've seen it, like, a million times.) That voice makes me cringe EVERY time I hear it. Waaaayyy too realistic. I've heard that voice before, and it's not a good sign. I don't know who that commercial is targeting- psycho ex-boyfriends? Disturbed individuals who relate to cars? Stone Temple Pilot fans? I'm not going to say which rental car company the commercials are for, but I'm never renting from there again. Seriously. Who is their ad agency, Stalker, Domestic Violence, and Murdered My Ex-Wife And Her New Boyfriend? Simpson, Dangond, and Peterson?

At least they are more tolerable than the eHarmony and Girls Gone Wild commercials.

Go Sharks!

Love, Tegan Jovanka

No comments: