Monday, March 24, 2008

Taco Romance

At the beginning of this year, a co-worker told me that some of her friends were keeping a "taco tally" of all the tacos they ate in 2008. I decided I would keep my own count, not realizing how disturbing the results would soon be.

So far, I'm up to 44 tacos. 44! This means I'm averaging 3.67 tacos a week. At the beginning of this month (27 tacos), I became alarmed at the number of tacos I was eating, and pledged to stop eating lunch at the cafe at my work, where my default order was the taco platter. Everything is really greasy at that place, and there's probably 1,000 calories in that meal. I figured my taco tally would slow with the lack of taco lunches; yet, my taco consumption has only increased! I don't understand it. I think I'm a taco addict.

It may have something to do with tacos being my default meal any time I go out. If there are tacos on the menu, I'll order them. And, the fact that my default place to get dinner or lunch when I don't have food at home is El Super Taco. Finally, I am gluten intolerant so corn is my friend. Despite this, I swear that tacos are not my favorite food. Green curry is my favorite, but I haven't found a really solid Thai restaurant near my work or apartment. I am searching, though. I also bought a Thai cookbook so I could learn to make it myself, but that project has stalled.

I really don't want to know how many pieces of sushi I've eaten this year.

Love, Tegan Jovanka

No comments: